Chapter 1: Summary
art 1.1 Personal details
The www.growfunding.be website is the property of Growfunding vzw, hereafter simply referred to growfunding, with head office at Boulevard Leopold II 26, 1081 Brussels and business register number BE 657.921.306 .
When using www.growfunding.be the user is asked to fill-in certain personal details:
Growfunding uses the data in managing data files and the website; for (improving) the community services on offer; for analysis and research; for informing the user about projects and updates emanating from growfunding.
In accordance with the revised Act of 8 December 1992 concerning the protection of the individual’s private life, the user has a number of rights regarding their personal details:
- the right to inspect gives them the right to consult the details collected on them
- the right to correct gives them the right to access and modify personal details relating to them
- the right to oppose gives them the right, when asked and free of charge, to oppose the future processing of personal details in the event that the processing should be carried out with a view to direct marketing
For more information: Commission for the protection of privacy, Ministry of Justice, Hoogstraat 139, 1000 Brussels.
art 1.3 Contact
Chapter 2: Policy
art 2.1 Visit
When the user only visits www.growfunding.be (without registering via their own account) growfunding does not request any personal details.
art 2.2 Registering
Only when the visitor uses the community service provided (such as following, supporting and launching projects) does growfunding asks them to register with an account entailing their entering their personal details.
Once the visitor has registered on www.growfunding.be with their account they become a user and:
- accept the General Conditions of growfunding
- give growfunding the authorization to retain the details provided
art 2.3 Details provided by the user
Growfunding obtains the personal details provided when:
- the user logs on with their own growfunding account or with a Facebook account and registers. When logging in via Facebook, growfunding asks access to the public Facebook profile, list of friends and e-mail address. In both cases the growfunding password filled in by the user is not visible (it is stored encrypted in a data base)
art 2.4 Consulting and processing details
The growfunding designated or authorized staff concerned consult and process the personal details provided to further develop and optimize the community service: launching, following and supporting projects and all the activities associated with it.
art 2.5 Account
Via their account, the user can consult and modify the personal details that they provided growfunding. The user can modify their account, put it on non-active or even have it removed by writing an explicit request to growfunding (per email to email@example.com) with a copy of their identity card in attachment. On condition that no essential details are lost, growfunding will comply with the request within 30 days: the essential details include the best-effort obligation that the contributor, project holder and/or platform holder mutually enter into (see General Conditions).
Chapter 3: Cookies
art 3.1 What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of the computer being used as soon as a website is visited. The file comprises the name of the cookie, its value (that can be a unique code), the expiry date and the domain name to where the cookie will be sent the next time the same website is visited. Via the cookie the server recognises the computer, analyses surfing behaviour and gears the search results to the personal preferences of the visitor/user. The cookie cannot be read by another website other than the website that made it.
art 3.2 Refusing cookies
art 3.3 Accepting cookies
When the user on visiting www.growfunding.be clicks on the link “continue” (without adapting the cookie settings) they are assumed to have accepted the cookies. The visitor can always remove previously installed cookies later on from their computer, tablet or other mobile device.
Cookies make searching more efficient by automatically refining certain data such as for example language choice from the second visit onwards. There are two types of cookies:
- session cookies only remember the preferences throught the duration of a surf session
- permanent cookies remain active until they are removed by the visitor/user or until the final date of the cookie is reached
www.growfunding.be also recognises the visitor/user and uses the following cookies:
- certain cookies are indispensable when visiting www.growfunding.be. Rejecting these cookies results in a less than optimum usage
- functional cookies make visiting www.growfunding.be a pleasanter and more personal surfing experience
- performance cookies contribute to usability and the user experience with, for instance, cookies that count the number of separate visitors or the most consulted pages